How To Use?
Directions for Sunscreen Use:
- Apply CeraVe Sunscreen Face Lotion SPF 50 liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure
- Reapply at least every 2 hours and immediately after towel drying
- Use a water resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating
- Children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor
- Application Tips: Mineral-based UV filters form a protective barrier to help reflect UV rays away from the skin’s surface. Because the ingredients in a mineral sunscreen stay on the surface of the skin to help protect it, a white cast can sometimes remain after applying the product. Follow these tips to apply your mineral sunscreen:
1. Dispense a small amount to one palm and rub your hands together
2. Apply to one area of the body at a time and thoroughly massage into the skin
3. The formula should spread easily without leaving a greasy residue or feel
All sunscreens should be applied liberally for sun protection. It is essential to use any sunscreen product as directed.
Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m-2 p.m
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses