The Ordinary’s portfolio of retinoids includes the following formulations:
- Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion (Moderate Strength, No Irritation)
- Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane (Moderate Strength, No Irritation)
- Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane (High Strength, No to Low Irritation)
- Retinol 0.2% in Squalane (Low Strength, Moderate Irritation)
- Retinol 0.5% in Squalane (Moderate Strength, High Irritation)
- Retinol 1% in Squalane (High Strength, Very High Irritation)
Caution: Retinol can cause significant irritation, redness and peeling, especially around the eyes and mouth, in the early stages of treatment while skin builds tolerance. If you have not used high-strength retinol formulas in the past, we strongly recommend that you start your retinol regimen with our Retinol 0.2% in Squalane and adjust to higher strengths of Retinol 0.5% in Squalane and Retinol 1% in Squalane as your skin builds tolerance. You will achieve the same end results without the unpleasant redness and peeling along the way.
Note: Water can affect the stability of retinol. Additionally, plant oils in retinol formulations can trigger lipid peroxidation and can impair retinol integrity. This formula does not contain water, silicones, plant oils or alcohol.
Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Retinol, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydroxymethoxyphenyl Decanone, Bht.
How To Use?
Apply a small amount to face in the PM as part of your skincare regimen, after water-based serums but before heavier treatments. Do not use with other retinoid treatments. Avoid unprotected solar exposure. Caution: Retinol can cause irritation, redness and peeling, especially around the eyes and mouth, in the early stages of treatment while skin builds tolerance. If persistent irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Keep out of reach of children. Refrigerate after opening.
Patch tests are an easy way to help predict if you may experience a negative initial reaction to a new product. It is recommended to perform a patch test before incorporating any new product into your regimen. We have outlined a general method for conducting your own patch test below based on the type of product.
- Apply a small amount of the product onto a clean area of skin on the upper forearm.
- Keep the area dry.
- If the product has a specified duration of use, rinse off after this time has elapsed. Otherwise rinse off after 24 hours.
- If any redness, burning, itching, blistering or irritation is observed at any time throughout the test, do not use the product.
Be the first to review “The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane 30ml”